Monday, January 10, 2011

Holidays and 2011

Things have been especially wonderful in the Jones house, We are allloving the break from school! A lot has happened since my last post, including Hurlee's first birthday! Hurlee turned one year old on November 19th and we spent the day in Santa Barbara having lunch, crus
hcakes and walking around the zoo. He laughed at the orange little monkeys and weeven got to feed a giraffe. His favorite part was the play area in the middle though! To my surprise he didn't want anything to do with his cute little birthday cupcake, OH WELL! He's a healthy eater already I guess.


School doesn't start until the 24th so we are really enjoying our last couple weeks off. Taking lots of family outings and hanging out with friends, it has been WONDERFUL! This next semester is my last at Hancock and I have 16 units to take: critical thinking, chemistry, political science, U.S. history and speech. Should be interesting, but I am so excited to be finally finishing up. Our college applications are out and still waiting to hear back from them. Last week we celebrated Shawn's 22nd birthday, which was very fun! His birthday fell on a Thursday, which worked out perfectly since that's his day off. We went up to SLO and took Hurlee to the Children's Museum. Afterwards we went to CPK with a gift card he had received as a present - delicious! The next night, my mother-in-law was nice enough to babysit so we could go out to dinner to Rooney's (with gift certificate #2 woohoo!!) and then over to our friend Matt's house.

Well readers.... we officially have a walker on our hands. Hurlee is walking all over the place and I love it! I have been taking him to the park and it is a lot much more fun now that he can toddle all around. He loves walking over to the other kids and sliding down the slide. Although this stage has it's disadvantages, overall it's fantastic! Each stage is so different and I love the change of pace. He is becoming quite the eater and completely weaned onto table food and cow's milk. I love not breast feeding anymore - I seriously feel like I have so much more time! but the weaning process was difficult for me. I am so happy that I made it the first year, but I really enjoy that he eats food when he's hungry and drinks cow's milk when he's thirsty now.


2 comments:

  1. he is all over the place!!! it has made going out to restaurants trickier because he just wants to explore everywhere!

    ReplyDelete